O2 – Literature Review: student transitions into higher education
There is a wide body of literature available about the issues associated with the transition into the first year of University. This literature review will focus on those areas most pertinent to the project. These areas include:
– Evidence of success supporting priority groups (widening participation (UK)/ pioneering students (BE, NL), BME students, male students, mature students and international students
– Strategies for identifying students at risk of non-progression
– Student life cycle (pre-entry, initial induction, extended induction, moving into the second year)
– Strategies to link students to support services
– Strategies for increasing student success
Click here to download PDF.